Fina Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PK Ointments

Go down

PK Ointments Empty PK Ointments

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 am

Amazing Ointment from Treve
This quote posted in many places often leaves out the last part - this is an ointment of the Priest Kings, NOT Physicians. This scene takes place in the Sardar Mountains, the home of the Priest Kings.
With a graceful movement she rose and went back again to the chests against the wall. She returned with a small tube of ointment.
"They are deeper than I thought," she said.
With the tip of her finger she began to work the ointment into the cuts. It burned quite a bit.
"The ointment will soon be absorbed," she said. "In a few minutes there will be no trace of it, nor of the cuts."
I whistled.
"The physicians of Treve," I said, "have marvelous medicines."
"It is an ointment of Priest-Kings," she said.
Priest Kings
Other drugs, powders & such often listed on Gorean "Medical" Pages
Tassa Powder
I struggled to move, but could not well do so. When the tharlarion wagon had arrived at a house in Venna, I had been removed from the slave cage and slave sack. When the hood, with its gag, had been removed from me, I had been forced, sitting in the courtyard, my head back and nose held, to swallow a draft of water, into which a reddish powder had been mixed. I had shortly thereafter lost consciousness.
"You have recovered more quickly than I had anticipated from the Tassa powder," she said. "But it does not matter.
"In the courtyard below," I said, "I was drugged."
"It was done by Tassa powder," she said.
"It was tasteless, and effective," I said.
"Slavers sometimes use it," she said. "It is well for a girl not to drink with a strange man," she laughed.
"It shows up, of course," I said, "in water."
"It is meant to be mixed with red wine," she said.
"Of course," I said.
I wondered how many girls, accepting the apparent generosity of a stranger, had found themselves suddenly, inexplicably, swooning, only to awaken later in some unknown place, naked and in the chains of a slave.
When the Lady Melpomene had finished with me, after that long night of her use of me, she had held for me another draft of water, discolored by the reddish Tassa powder. I had not wished to drink this. Then she had held her dagger to my body. I drank. Soon I was unconscious.
Fighting Slave - Does not appear in any of the books to be something used by Physicians. They use their sedatives as above

Gieron
"My pursuit of you was foiled," I said, "by the results of the drug you placed in my paga."
"The drug," said Shaba, "was a simple combination of sajel, a simple pustulant, and gieron, an unusual allergen. Mixed they produce a facsimile of the superficial symptoms of Bazi plague." "I could have been killed," I said, "by the mob."
I did not think many would care to approach you," said Shaba.
"It was not your intention then that I be killed?" I asked.
"Certainly not," said Shaba. "if that was all that was desired, kanda might have been introduced into your drink as easily as sajel and gieron"
Explorers - An allergen, meaning causing allergic reactions. There is no medical use for giving a patient an allergen.

Sajel -
See above quote
A pustulant, causing pustules to break out on a persons skin. Again, no valid medical use.

Kanda
"It was not your intention then that I be killed?" I asked.
"Certainly not," said Shaba. "if that was all that was desired, kanda might have been introduced into your drink as easily as sajel and gieron"
Explorers

The roots of the kanda plant, which grows largely in desert regions on Gor, are extremely toxic, but, surprisingly, the rolled leaves of this plant, which are relatively innocuous, are formed in ostrings and, chewed or sucked, are much favored by many Goreans, particularly in the southern hemisphere, where the leaf is more abundant.
Nomads

Tobacco is unknown on Gor, though there are certain vices or habits to take its place, in particular the stimulation afforded by chewing on the leaves of the Kanda plant, the roots of which, oddly enough, when ground and dried, constitute an extremely deadly poison.
Priest kings

It was a throwing knife, of a sort used in Ar, much smaller than the southern quiva, and tapered on only one side. It was a knife designed for killing. Mixed with the blood and fluids of the body there was a smear of white at the end of the steel, the softened residue of a glaze of kanda paste, now melted by body heat, which had coated the tip of the blade.
Assassin

They are men who commonly have an extraordinary aptitude for the game but beyond this men who have become drunk on it, men lost in the subtle, abstract liquors of variation, pattern and victory, men who live for the game, who want it and need it as other men might want gold, or others power and women, or others the rolled, narcotic strings to toxic kanda.
Assassin

From kanda we get poison from the roots, and a sort of stimulating, narcotic chewing tobacco from the leaves. Neither offers much value medically to the advanced caste of Physicians.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum